Home of the Tigers
Ridley is a national leader in physical literacy and sport, dedicated to a long-standing tradition of daily physical activity and a broad offering of athletic pursuits.
Sports at Ridley has been and continues to be an integral part of the student experience. Our athletic programmes provide the opportunity for students to develop physical literacy and the confidence and competence to be active in life.
Ridley's athletic stature combined with its robust educational experience is one of the primary reasons student-athletes seek out Ridley College — they know their academic, athletic and personal goals will all be equally supported. Unlike traditional sports academies, Ridley College approaches sport holistically, balancing a winning combination of learning, training, competing, and flourishing.
From purposeful play to high-performance sport, athletics is at the crux of everything we do at Ridley. Our athletic programmes provide the opportunity for students to develop physical literacy and the confidence and competence to be active for life. Our offerings are unparalleled in the independent school system, and our annual success rivals any high school programme of our size in the country. At all levels, we integrate Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) into our programming, providing a clear path to better sport, greater health and higher achievement.
Students can chart their athletic development through a variety of offerings:
|U14 Boys Soccer||U14 Boys Basketball||U14 Boys Rugby|
|U14 Girls Field Hockey||U14 Girls Volleyball||U14 Girls Soccer|
|U14 Girls Basketball||U14 Hockey - Co-Ed||U14 Girls Softball|
|U14 Cross Country - Co-Ed||U14 Squash - Co-Ed||U14 Tennis - Co-Ed|
|U14 Ultimate Frisbee - Co-Ed||U14 Rowing - Co-Ed||U14 Badminton - Co-Ed|
Girls’ Field Hockey
Co-Ed Cross Country
Sport for Life
Sport for Life
Co-Ed Track & Field
Sport for Life
|Cardio Club||Dance||Cardio Club|
|Ultimate Frisbee||Weight Training||Weight Training|
Our student-athletes are supported by comprehensive training and playing facilities.
- Tiger Arena with a NHL-sized ice surface for training and competition
- Fieldhouse with 20,000 square feet of synthetic surface, including a four-lane track for training
- Griffith and Iggulden Gymnasia with competition-grade sprung wood surfaces
- Henley Island Rowing Facility and Boathouse
- Rowing Training Centre and indoor tank facilities
- Eight playing fields for soccer, field hockey and rugby
- Five outdoor tennis courts
- Three indoor squash courts
- Strength and fitness training centre with approximately 1,200 square feet of space for weights, universal machines, stair climbers, treadmills, and stationary bicycles
- Athletic therapy clinic
Our renovated and expanded Sports Complex will encourage students to make physical activity part of their daily lives, supporting both their physical and emotional wellbeing. In addition to enabling competitive athletes to excel, the Sports Complex will welcome all students, whether they are interested in rowing, squash, or simply working out.
The renovated Fieldhouse and new Sports Complex will include:
- A three-court hardwood floor gymnasium
- A Squash Complex with competition-grade squash courts
- A yoga and fitness studio
- A Fitness Commons
- A purpose-built Fitness Centre
- A renovated rowing training room
- Six athletic team change rooms
Our renovated athletics facilities will be completed in early 2024. For more information, visit our Campaign Construction Updates page.
If we keep kids physically active, they perform better in the classroom. They are better ready to learn, to retain the information and so Ridley has always just kept that as a cornerstone of our programming.
Jay Tredway '96, Assistant Head,
Co-curricular and Community Connections