Choosing to send your child to Ridley is a significant investment in your child's future, so to help you make your decision, we invite you to experience our community for yourself.
We offer many opportunities for families to tour our campus in person or from the comfort and convenience of their own homes. Learn more about each of our tour offerings and register for one of our guided tours below.
In-Person Campus Tours
Virtual Campus Tours
Are you looking for more than just a tour of campus? Join us for one of our upcoming events!
In-Person Campus Tours
Whether you are visiting us from down the street or across the ocean, we know that once you set foot on our campus, you'll feel right at home. We offer group and private campus tours, so we encourage you to read the descriptions below to learn more before deciding which is the right option for you and your family's needs.
If you are travelling a long distance to see our campus, we recommend you book one of our private tours to ensure you see everything you need while in town.
Private tours are tailored to your family, ensuring you see the campus locations your child(ren) would use most as a Ridley student. We'll show you our athletic facilities, classrooms, dining hall, and more based on your child(ren)'s interests and needs.
You can book a private tour by contacting our Admissions team, whether through one of our team members as part of an ongoing correspondence or by emailing [email protected].
- Offered Monday through Friday at a time that works for your family
- Led by a current student ambassador or Admissions team member
- Includes only members of your family
- Takes approximately one hour to complete but can take longer based on the needs of your family
- Tailored to your child(ren) based on their grade and interests
Ready to book your private tour of Ridley?
If you are in the early stages of considering Ridley for your child(ren), or you are unsure if you want to commit to a private tour, a group tour is a perfect option for you! Group tours are convenient to book and give you a general idea about what Ridley can offer your child(ren). With that said, don't worry; we'll ensure you see all the highlights of our campus while you are here.
- Offered Thursdays at 10:30a.m.
- Departs from the lobby of our Fieldhouse Athletic Complex
- Led by a student ambassador
- May include multiple prospective families
- Takes approximately one hour to complete
- Stops include our Lower School (Library and Dining Hall), Second Century Building (Mandeville Theatre), Upper School (Library and Dining Hall), Chapel, and athletics facilities.
Upcoming Group Tour Dates:
- January 11th, 2024
- February 8th, 2024 - Mandarin tour
Registration for Group Tours will open soon. Please check back.
We're excited to announce our new Tour+ offerings starting in January 2024!
Tour+ events are themed group tours that allow families to speak with experts from the Ridley community about a specific topic while touring our beautiful 90-acre campus.
- January 25th, 2024 - Academics and University Counselling focus
- February 22nd, 2024 - STEM focus
- March 21st, 2024 - Boarding focus
- April 2024 (exact date to be confirmed) - Arts focus
Registration for our Tour+ events will open soon. Please check back.
Frequently Asked Questions About In-Person Tours
We know that most families will use their GPS to get to campus. Our address is 2 Ridley Road, St. Catharines, Ontario, L2R 7C3.
If your GPS isn’t working, here are directions from the international airports closest to our campus.
Directions from Toronto Pearson International Airport*
- Get on ON-401 W from Britannia Rd E.
- Follow ON-401 W to Martin St. in Milton. Take exit 320 from ON-401 W.
- Get on ON-407 W in Burlington from Tremaine Rd, Derry Rd W. and Appleby Line.
- Take the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) to Fourth Ave in St. Catharines. Take the Fourth Avenue W. exit from ON-406 S.
- Take Louth St. and Ridley Rd. to your destination.
Directions from Buffalo Niagara International Airport*
- Take Airport Departures to NY-33 W.
- Continue on NY-33 W to the Canadian-American boarder.
- Take the Queen Elizabeth Way (QEW) to Dieppe Rd. in St. Catharines.
- Take exit 44 from the QEW.
- Take Welland Ave., Geneva St. and McGuire St. to your destination.
The directions provided were collected from Google Maps. We recommend reviewing the directions on Google before starting your journey to Ridley in case of construction or any road changes.
We offer free parking for visitors on campus.
On this map, we’ve indicated the entrance gate, driveway, visitor parking and meet-up locations for Lower, Middle and Upper School, as well as Group tours.
If you are touring our Lower School, we ask you to meet your tour guide just inside the red doors located at the front of the Lower School building.
If you are touring our Middle School or Upper School, we ask you to meet your tour guide just inside the brown oak doors located at the front of the Upper School building.
If your family is participating in a group tour, please meet our tour guide in the lobby of our Fieldhouse Athletic Complex.
See our recommended campus entrance gates, visitor parking locations and meet-up locations on our map.
We recommend that your family wears comfortable shoes, as although you won’t walk all of our 90-acre campus, you will see a lot of it. We also recommend that you check the weather before arriving on campus and come prepared, as there are portions of our tours that will be outdoors.
Many hotels, bed and breakfasts, and Airbnbs are available in the Niagara Region, close to our campus. Below are three hotel options recommended based solely on proximity to our campus. We recommend you research to ensure your family has the experience you want before booking any accommodations.
Still looking for accommodations that fit your family's needs?
Contact us at [email protected] and we will do our best to recommend the right accommodation options for your family.
There are so many excellent restaurants in the Niagara Region; it's hard only to pick a few to share. Below are a few options closest to our campus, but we encourage you to do additional research to find restaurants that fit your family's dietary needs.
If you cannot join us at the date and time you booked, we can assist you in cancelling or rescheduling your campus tour. Email your Admissions team member or our [email protected] account, and our team will be happy to assist you.
Virtual Campus Tours
We know that travelling to our campus isn't possible for some of our prospective families. That's why we offer different ways for you to tour our campus no matter where you call home. Whether you are looking for an authentic tour experience or you just want to see some pictures of the campus, we offer guided and self-guided tours to suit your family's needs.
Our video tours of the Lower School and Upper School will provide you with a great overview of our campus, academics, athletics, arts, and much more! It's as easy as pressing play.
As our Middle School is still undergoing renovations, we don't have a video tour to share with you at this time. In the meantime, we suggest you watch our Upper School campus tour if you have a child going into Grades 7 or 8.
Are you a parent looking to carve your own path? Then our self-guided virtual reality tour is the right option for you! Explore our buildings at your own pace and in your own order. There are no rules with this tour style.