Approximately 30 per cent of Ridleians receive some form of tuition assistance.
With more than $3 million given yearly by our generous donors and benefactors, we work with qualifying families to ensure they can afford a Ridley education. The value of a Ridley education is a partnership between the family and the school. We hope we can discuss how a Ridley education can work with your fiscal budget.
Our Director of Enrollment Management and Manager of Tuition Assistance are available to speak with you confidentially about your individual circumstances. They also appreciate that circumstances can change over time.
Bursaries are awarded to families based on their demonstrated financial need. Applications for tuition assistance are all reviewed by the Tuition Assistance committee and evaluated based on a family’s needs and the school’s funds. Priority is given to applications from families who meet our tuition assistance criteria and whose children demonstrate the greatest potential to contribute to Ridley’s mission.
Ridley College uses Apple Financial Services to provide an objective analysis of a family’s financial resources. They then make recommendations directly to the Tuition Assistance committee.
We treat all requests for tuition assistance with the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion and expect all families will do the same with the decision with which they are provided.
Scholarships are awarded to students based on:
- A student’s record of academic success (as measured by their transcript and confidential report)
- A student’s academic potential (as measured by their Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT))
- A student’s perceived special talents or potential to contribute to life at Ridley (as determined by the Scholarship committee)
- The enrollment management priorities of the school
To meet with our tradition of promoting and honouring academic achievement, Ridley has created international and region-specific merit-based scholarships. These include:
- Niagara and Southern Ontario: Ridley is committed to forming relationships with local families in the Niagara region by presenting awards to deserving students.
- Greater Toronto: Many of our founding fathers came from Toronto and we continue to recognize our strong ties to this area with awards for those living there.
- The United States: With our unique international offering and proximity to the U.S. border we have dedicated awards for our neighbours to the South.
- Quebec: Contact us to discover more about specific awards for students from French-speaking provinces. Découvrez nos prix pour les étudiants québécois et francophones dans d'autres provinces.
- The Maritimes and Newfoundland: Ridley representatives travel to meet with prospective families in Atlantic Canada each year.
- Legacy Families: Students whose parents were educated at Ridley have an opportunity to qualify for both merit- and need-based financial aid.
- Western Canada: We have welcomed students from British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan throughout Ridley’s history and continue to offer awards to Western Canadian students.
Upper School Day Applicants
Upper School Day families applying for Tuition Assistance must complete their Apple application by Wednesday, February 14, 2023.
Please see our Apply page for additional information about Upper School Day student applications.
Ridley College is a non-profit organization that depends on the support of donors. Your generous gift of a world-class education can make a difference to Ridley students - both now and in the future.