For over half of Ridley's history, the Iggulden name has echoed throughout the halls and trumpeted over the fields. Three generations of the Iggulden family have been consumed in service through their employment at the school, which is unique to any Canadian boarding school. Captain C.W. ‘Cap’ Iggulden came to Ridley in 1920 and, until 1946, he was the Cadet Corps, the Gym Squad, the Gym Display, Physical Training and part of the spirit of Ridley discipline. ‘Cap’ had one idea of a Ridley boy, that he should be a gentleman. Everything he taught was to that end. From 1949 through 1978, his son Lt. Colonel A.C. "Andy" Iggulden continued an established tradition as the mainstay of physical education, gymnastics, and the Cadet program. The ‘Colonel’ presented a fiery presence to generations of students, with his own mixture of sternness and good humour. Andy's eldest son Brian A. Iggulden ‘67 arrived back on campus in 1979 and for 30 years remained dedicated to bettering Ridley through his work in the Admissions and Development Offices, as well as in the role of Deputy Headmaster. Brian was honoured at the end of his service to the school with the dedication of Hank the Tiger who stands proudly in the front circle, a donation to the school by his friend and classmate Henry Burgoyne ‘67. The legacy of the Iggulden family can also been seen through the attendance of not only Brian, but of Paul G. Iggulden ‘72, Scott Snowden ‘97, Natalie (Iggulden) Burnard ‘98, Michael Iggulden ‘01 and Colt Iggulden ‘03. All members of the family having been actively involved in academics, athletics, arts, cadets and as school Prefects. Paul has also made contributions to the school by sitting on the Board of Governors and was President of the RCA. Andy’s daughter Anne was a loyal ‘daughter’ of Ridley and showed strong support to the school as the spouse of Bob Snowden, Housemaster of Merritt South and Acting Headmaster of Ridley in 1994. Daughter-in-law of Andy and wife of Brian, Rosemary was the second female Housemaster and the first of Gooderham East when it became a girls’ house in 1981 and she served as a faithful ambassador for the school during Brian’s tenure as Director of Development. ‘Cap’ died in 1958 and the ‘Colonel’ in 1983.