Throughout the school year, Ridley provides all students with the opportunity to develop leadership skills they can take with them beyond graduation.
The Green Star leadership programme is mandatory for all Grade 9 and new Grade 10 students. After Green Star, students are encouraged to participate in the Red, Silver, and Gold Star leadership programmes, which expand on the leadership skills learned in the earlier grades. Each programme encourages students to become a cohesive group and to develop leadership skills.
The most challenging form of leadership is available to students who act as Prefects. A Prefect is:
• The voice of the student body
• Visible, approachable, and encourages and fosters school spirit
• Establishes a positive tone
• Presents an example of ideal student conduct
• Organizes events for the entire student body
Prefects are visible within the Houses and around the school and students are encouraged to seek them out for advice and guidance.